In order to improve the work of the SGH Library, in 1996 an IT librarian system ALEPH (Automated Library Expandable Program) was established.
Access to ALEPH via Internet at the following address: http://agathos.sgh.waw.pl/ALEPH
ALEPH provides information about the Library collection and how to use it . There are three ways of access to a book: by free access, by library slip or by borrowing from the Students’ Lending Library. ALEPH gives detail information about a book (how many copies are still available and when it is due to). By ALEPH, status of the library account can be checked.Furthermore, in the future, borrowings both within the Library and via Internet will be possible.
Please, consult our short guides, if you wish to:
- Check your library account.
- Renew your loan.
- Request a book that is borrowed by someone else.
ALEPH Catalogue contains:
- book items since 1989
- Polish and foreign journals and periodicals
- M.A. and Ph.D. thesis since 1996
- Students' Lending Library books
- General Reading Room books
- Reference Centre books
- printings from other libraries
- European Documentation Centre books (call number begins with CDE..)
The searching process should be started from the ALEPH Electronic Catalogue. (The traditional Card Catalogue provides information on books published before the31st December 1995.)